Bed linens and bath towels are provided in each rental. A standard supply of towels consisting of two bath towels, one hand towel and one wash cloth per person (not to exceed maximum occupancy). If the rental has a sleeper sofa, linens will be provided for the bed. Towel bundles and additional linens can be provided for a fee. Beach chairs and beach towels are not provided, please do not use home or villa linens as beach blankets.
Certified Service Animals are permitted year round in Palmetto Dunes with appropriate documentation. Emotional Support Animals and family dogs can stay in pet friendly villas and homes between October 1st and March 31st for an additional fee. Our pet policy only allows 1 dog with a maximum weight of 40 pounds and other restrictions may apply. The pet fee is $200 which is non-refundable. No pets are permitted in any of the vacation rentals between April 1 through September 30.
No motorcycles, motorized scooters/skateboards of any kind are permitted. No RV’s, campers and trailers of any kind are not permitted in gate areas. Off resort storage arrangements must be made for boats, jet skis and kayaks. Also, no commercial vehicles with any type of company signage or wrapping allowed.
Yes, everyone driving a vehicle within the resort will need a parking pass. Parking passes are limited for each villa and home.
1-2 Nights | Complimentary
3-7 Nights | $28
8-14 Nights | $48
15-21 Nights | $60
22+ Nights | $70
One vehicle pass for villas/Two vehicle passes for houses are included with each reservation. Depending on the neighborhood, there are limitations on how many parking passes can be ordered.
Harbourside I & II – 1 parking pass
Inverness Village – 2 parking passes
Queens Grant - 2 parking passes
Huntington Villas – 2 parking passes
Wendover Dunes – 3 parking passes
Yes, everyone driving a vehicle within the resort will need a parking pass. Parking passes are limited for each villa and home, please call the Front Desk at 888-909-9566 with any questions.
1-2 Nights | Complimentary
3-7 Nights | $28
8-14 Nights | $48
15-21 Nights | $60
22+ Nights | $70
You can call the afterhours emergency line,
(7:00 pm – 8:00 am)............ 844-207-8221
Check-in begins at 4pm and could last until 6pm. Early check-ins are not available. If your villa or home is ready prior to 4pm, the Front Desk will call the telephone number on file. For the guests that have opted in for Express Check-in, the door code is activated at 4pm.
Resort Fee: Provides for 24 hour security, 1 vehicle pass for villas/2 vehicle passes for houses, seasonal resort transportation and processing costs.
Cleaning Fee: Your rental is cleaned and inspected prior to your arrival and upon your departure. Additional housekeeping, such as a mid-stay clean or towel exchange can be arranged for an additional fee.
Your villa will be cleaned before you arrive and on departure. We can provide additional housekeeping such as a mid-stay clean or towel exchange at an additional fee.
If you will be checking in after business hours, you will be assigned a locker in the After Hours check-in area. The lockers are located adjacent to the Front Door of the Welcome Center and signage will direct you to the location. Your Welcome Packet will contain your car pass, door code and other resort information. A cell phone number and email address will be needed by all guests checking in to the resort. A locker will be assigned to each guest arriving after hours. A pass code will be given to access the locker. For guests that know ahead of time that they will be arriving late, please email email@example.com.
Check-in is at the Front Desk in Welcome Center located at 4 Queens Folly Road, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 29928. Check-in begins at 4:00 p.m. and could go until 6pm. Express Check-in, for the guests that have opted in, they can bypass physical check-in at the Front Desk. The Welcome Packet contains car passes, door code and other resort information – the door code in the packet is activated at 4pm.
The spas and pools can be heated June through October for an additional fee. The date parameters are part of the rental agreement we have with the owners. The heat pump that is used in the private homes pulls the air from the outside and uses that to heat the pool, it does not generate heat. During the fall, winter and spring the temperatures can dip below 50 degrees and essentially make the heater unusable.
There are swimming pools located in all of the neighborhoods. You will have access to the pool in the neighborhood where your villa is located. There are several houses that have spas and pools. They can be heated June through October for an additional fee, the heat add-on is not available November through May. Please call one of our Vacation Planners at (888) 909-9566 to ask about specific spa & pool heating.
Pool and Spa heat = $850.00 (Up to 7 days)
Pool heating only = $750.00
Spa heating only = $425.00 (Up to 7 days)
11 Armada Spa & Pool = $1000 (Up to 7 days)
All vacation rentals have a washer and dryer within the unit for your use and convenience.
We can deliver anywhere on the island from the South end of the island up to Port Royal. Gate fees may apply. Sea Pines Resort is an additional $1.00 charge per bike to deliver.
Yes and No. You can enter or leave any plantation if you are staying in that plantation. If your accommodations are not within that plantation, you will need a guest pass from a home owner or renter in that plantation.
Yes. You are only able to ride bikes in Sea Pines if you are a guest of Sea pines. We can deliver there for 3 days or more. There is a delivery charge of $1 per unit that enters Sea Pines.
Yes. You can as long as you don't ride them in the water.
No. Baskets are an additional charge. They fit on Adult 26", youth 24" beach bikes and adult tandems. Please be sure to specify how many baskets you need when you make your reservation.
Yes. We provide lifejackets with our kayak and canoe rentals and they are adjustable to different sizes.
No. South Carolina doesn't have a helmet law. We do have helmet's available for adults and children. Helmets are $2.00 per day, $6.00 per week or $12.00 per month. Please specify how many helmets you will need when you make your reservation.
No. We will gladly deliver and pickup bikes with a rental period of 3 days or more. No one needs to be there for the drop off or pickup. Your bikes will be labeled with your name and can be unlocked with the combination we give you.
You will be able to identify your bikes by your name and rental address which will be on the bike tag along with our store info. This tag is placed around the neck of the handlebars.
We have three options for placing a reservation for bikes and equipment. You may either place the order online, over the phone or in person at the store during opening hours. We will need your name, rental address (i.e. condo name and # or house # and street address) and a cell phone number in case we need to reach you about the bikes. We will also need what type of bikes or equipment and how long you would like them for. The payment will be taken at the time of reservation.
You can place your order as far in advance as you please or the day of. During busy periods, two weeks or more in advance is recommended.
Yes. Our smallest lifejacket is for a child 35-50 lbs. The minimum age is 5. Children 13 and over can go out by themselves with a parental permission form.
Follow the flow of traffic. Cars have the right away in Plantations. Ride on the bike paths - that's what they are for. Do not ride on roads that have bike paths adjacent to them. Stay on the paths and off the roads. Bike paths are marked in many locations on posted maps. You can view a Bike Paths Map on our website. There are also folded maps available at numerous locations around the island.
18 months and older. No more than 40 pounds.
Please review the bike size chart here for sizing details. 16 inch wheel size bikes can come with training wheels.
Please keep your bikes locked at all times when you're not using them. There is a $200.00 stolen bike fee, $8 stolen lock fee and $5 stolen basket fee if your bike is stolen and it was unlocked. Please bring beach umbrellas inside after use, don't leave rental items unattended.
If any problems occur with the bike or any equipment, please call immediately, we will gladly fix or exchange ASAP. Our number is listed on the bikes, bike tag and your invoice.
We can attach a kiddie kart to an adult bike that can hold up to 75 pounds. You can use the screened in cart to carry one or two small children. Children must be at least 18 months old to ride in a kiddie cart.
A tag-a-long is an attachment that may be put on any adult size bike. It is for a child age 5-8 to ride with an adult. They don’t have to pedal but need to be able to hold on. This is rented separately.
A tandem is a bike built for two adults. Both adults will need to pedal.
We will gladly refund or cancel your order at anytime as long as the equipment has not left the store.
The golf courses at Palmetto Dunes are open to the public and we strongly encourage you to reserve a tee time in advance either online or by calling 866-380-1778. We also try our best to accommodate walk-in golfers.
Yes. The dress code policy at all Palmetto Dunes golf courses is collared shirts. Dress for the weather. Be comfortable and a hat is advised. Our Pro Shop has a large selection of hats, gloves and clothing. Tennis shoes are adequate. Running shoes are not designed for golf. No denim, cut offs or tank tops please.
No, sorry, we do not currently have an online store. But you can call any of our pro shops if you are looking for something special. We are happy to assist. Call 843-686-9137.
Yes. We offer rental club sets for men and women. Each of our three courses offer Srixon golf club rental sets. Please request your rental set when making your reservation. Pricing is $60 for 18 holes and $30 for 9 holes.
The Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy offers year-round lessons and instruction for golfers of all ages and skill levels. Director of Golf Instruction, Doug Weaver, hosts a free exhibition every Monday at 4:00 pm at the Jones course.
Yes. Our multi-round golf rates can only be booked by phone. Please call 866-380-1778 to book.
Palmetto Dunes offers a number of discounts for active and retired military. You must mention military discount at the time of booking and present a valid military ID when checking in to receive this discount.
To keep our courses in pristine condition, we undergo seasonal routine maintenance. Our maintenance schedule is subject to change without notice. Please call ahead for maintenance dates: 866-380-1778.
Yes. Non-player riders are welcome, but they must pay a nominal fee of $25 to do so. The fee covers access to our facilities and golf cart usage.
We have two driving ranges at Palmetto Dunes Resort. Our Toptracer range at the Robert Trent Jones and a traditional driving range at the Arthur Hills Golf Course. Both ranges are open to the public with or without a tee time. Advanced reservations can be made for the Toptracer range and are highly recommended. The George Fazio course offers a limited flight warm-up range.
The majority of our guests fly in to the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV), which is approximately 45 minutes from Hilton Head Island. You may also arrive via the Hilton Head Airport (HHH), only a 10 minute drive from Palmetto Dunes. For directions and maps go here.
In order to provide the best selection of available tee times, we require our guests to secure their tee time reservations with a credit card. Your card will not be charged when the reservation is made. However, you are subject to a payment penalty if you do not show for your tee time or if you reduce your number of players without at least 24 hours of advance notice. If you need to cancel or modify your tee time, you must call reservations at 866-380-1778 at least 24 hours before your tee time to avoid a payment penalty.
The Robert Trent Jones course features Champion Bermuda, the Arthur Hills course features Tifdwarf Bermuda and the George Fazio course features Diamond Zoysia.
In addition to our three championship golf courses, you can enjoy three miles of beach, biking around the resort, kayaking or canoeing on our 11-mile lagoon, world-class tennis and more. Additionally, Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina, located directly across from the resort, features waterfront shopping, dining and water activities plus in-shore and off-shore fishing charters. Palmetto Dunes also offers a wide selection of private vacation homes for rent and villa accommodations.
The Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy used the V1 Coaching System, an industry leader available in the Class A and director of instruction private lessons, 3 hour classes, one day schools and multi day schools. Bring your own smartphone or camera. We can make it a great tool for golf improvement.
Our three golf courses are 18-hole championship layouts. Each of our courses are suitable for all golfers and offer a variety of tee options, including junior and senior tees. For beginner golfers who are still learning to play, or families with young children, we recommend trying 9 holes at the Arthur Hills or George Fazio course. The Robert Trent Jones course does not offer 9 hole rounds.
If a guest would like to use New Callaway rentals, they are available for $10 for the duration of the bay rental. We have clubs that can be used at no charge. These free clubs are our older rental sets but they will get the job done!
The Toptracer features and games are always on at the range and you are welcome to use it or not. By making a reservation for Toptracer you ensure a space is available for you.
No. Everyone is welcome to use the Toptracer Range. The range at the Robert Trent Jones golf course is open to the public to use.
Each bay can host up to 4 players. The VIP area is recommended for 8-10 people.
No, children are welcome to play and there are games designed for them. We do ask that they have adult (18+) supervision with them.
We have a range menu available featuring handheld options including nachos, chips & guac w/ a side of salsa, chicken strips w/ fries, wings, pizzas, pretzels bites w/ cheese sauce and hummus served with carrot, cucumber & naan bread. Soft drinks, beer, wine and mixed drinks are also available on the range.
Resort casual attire is recommended. (Collared shirts, closed-toed shoes, non-beachwear etc.)
Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone at 844-546-8943 to cancel or inquire about a cancellation.
We have two driving ranges at Palmetto Dunes Resort. Our Toptracer range at the Robert Trent Jones and a traditional driving range at the Arthur Hills Golf Course. Both ranges are open to the public with or without a tee time. Advanced reservations can be made for the Toptracer range and are highly recommended.
There is a cooler with ice provided on the boat that you are welcome to use. In the interest of space it best to use that one.
For fishing charters at Shelter Cove Marina, yes. If the fish are within the legal size limits and species that are permitted to keep, You can keep them. The captain will filet the fish for you after the charter.
For fishing charters on Palmetto Dunes Lagoon, no. The Palmetto Dunes lagoon fishing is catch and release only.
Our offshore boats do have a cabin with a restroom. The inshore boats are smaller open boats and do not have a restroom.
You do not have to bring anything. The cost of the charter covers everything for fishing (boat, bait, captain, licensing, tackle and equipment). Any drinks or snacks you may want are available for purchase at check-in.
There are a variety of species. As is the nature of fishing, the catch can vary from day to day and season to season. The captain will do his best to get you on whatever fish will give you the best opportunity at getting a bite. These are some of the expected species by season.
Spring Fish - Sea Bass, Sheep's Head, Black Drum, Sharks, Red Fish, Trout and King Mackerel
Summer Fish - Big Sharks, King Mackerel, Spanish Mackerel, Barracuda, Tarpon, Jack Crevelle and Cobia
Fall Fish - Red Fish, Sharks, Spanish Mackerel, Sea Trout, Barracuda, Tarpon and King Mackerel
If conditions will be unsafe the charter will be canceled and any charges refunded. We leave the call up to the captain. High wind, lightning, heavy rain are usually what will cause a charter to be canceled.
Most properties, hotels and home & villa companies, have a limited number of handicapped accessible accommodations available, so call early to make your reservation. The Town has installed beach matting at all of the beach park access points. Wheelchairs and scooters can cross the loose sand on the matting and roll on the packed sand. Burke’s Main Street Pharmacy and Vacation Mobility Solutions also rents beach wheelchairs. Beach Wheelchairs can be rented from:
- Burke’s Main Street Pharmacy. Click here to visit the Burke's Main Street Pharmacy website or call (843) 681-2622
- Vacation Mobility Solutions. Click here to visit the Vacation Mobility Solutions website or call (843) 684-1220
- Also check with your accommodations property, as some hotels may have beach wheelchairs available to their guests.
If the person with special needs is a child, you can contact Companions, Nurses & Nannies/Health Services – (843) 681-5011. They have trained personnel who will be able to meet your child’s needs. If the person is an adult, you can contact Right at Home (843) 815-7890, Comforcare Home Care (843) 837-3100, or Programs for Exceptional People (PEP) (843) 681-8413.
The Town of Hilton Head Island has 12 parks: Click here for a map of park locations
- Crossings Park, located near the Cross Island Expressway off Helmsman Way, has baseball fields, a soccer field, open space, a playground, interpretative trails, picnic areas and restrooms.
- Bristol Skate Park, located next to Crossings Park, has a roller hockey court (which doubles as a basketball court), a skate park and restrooms.
- Barker Field, located in the Fish Haul and Baygall area, has baseball fields, a multi-purpose field, a boardwalk, observation deck and restrooms.
- Chaplin Community Park, just off U.S. Hwy. 278 between Singleton Beach Road and Burkes Beach Road, has tennis courts, basketball courts, multi-purpose fields, a playground, a dog park, walking trails, beach access and restrooms.
- Cordillo Tennis Courts, located on Cordillo Parkway off Pope Avenue, has three tennis courts.
- Fish Haul Creek Park, at the east end of Beach City Road, has a nature trail, boardwalk, picnic areas and restrooms.
- Green Shell Park, on Squire Pope Road, has a playground, picnic area, historic site, basketball court and restrooms.
- Honey Horn, located at the intersection of U.S. Hwy. 278, the Cross Island Expressway and Gum Tree Road, has historic structures and hosts community events.
- Jarvis Creek Park, off U.S. Hwy. 278 across from Wilborn Road, has a freshwater pond for fishing (catch and release only!), a floating dock, a playground, a grass meadow, picnic facilities, grills, swings, paved pathways, mulched trails and restrooms.
- Shelter Cove Community Park, off Shelter Cove Lane, has a picnic pavilion, playground, walking trails, views of Broad Creek, a Veterans’ Memorial, restrooms, wi-fi and hosts community events.
- The Island Recreation Center, at 20 Wilborn Road, has tennis courts, a pool, gymnasium, playground, multi-purpose field, restrooms, and is ADA compliant.
The Town of Bluffton has four parks:
- Shults Park, at 77 Shults Road, has a community center, baseball and soccer fields, picnic area and restrooms.
- The Bluffton Recreation Center, at 61B Ulmer Road offers varied programming for all ages. The Bluffton Pool is located at 55 Pritchard Farms Road.
- New River Linear Trail, off SC Hwy 46 near the New River, offers 3.2 miles of unpaved trail for hiking, biking and horseback riding.
- Bluffton Oyster Company Park, located along the May River at Wharf Street, offers views of the May River, picnic areas, boat launching facilities and hosts community events.
Many accommodations will allow small pets (some only allow dogs), but be sure to ask. If you bring a pet to a property that does not allow them, you could be asked to leave and forfeit the remainder of your rental fee. They may charge an additional fee, which may or may not be refundable. Many properties charge a separate cleaning fee. You can also board your pet in one of our kennels.
You may not have your pet on the beach between the hours of 10am to 5pm from the Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day. For a complete list of beach rules, see the Town of Hilton Head Island’s website: www.hiltonheadislandsc.gov.
You must get a permit to be married on the beach from the Town of Hilton Head Island. You can go to their website, www.hiltonheadislandsc.gov, to check their requirements. View other important details about obtaining a marriage license and legal requirements here.
For assistance with the details of your wedding, contact one of the many Wedding Coordinators in our Business Directory.
Fishing charters operate out of several marinas in the area. View a listing of fishing charters.
There many activities to keep you busy if the weather is too wet for outdoor pursuits:
- Movie theaters are located on the north and south end of the Island, and a theater complex is open in Bluffton. Coligny Theater : Coligny Plaza, Hilton Head Island, 843-686-3500; Northridge Cinema 10: 435 William Hilton Parkway, Hilton Head Island, 843-342-3800; Park Plaza Cinema: 201 Park Plaza, Hilton Head Island, 843-785-5001; Cinemark Bluffton: 106 Buckwalter Parkway, Bluffton, 1-800-326-3264 + Express Code 2166.
- The Beaufort County Public Library has branches on Hilton Head Island and in Bluffton which offer children’s programs and internet access.
- There are many shopping areas in Hilton Head Island and Bluffton, several of which are outlet malls.
- Several retailers and grocery stores offer DVD rental kiosks.
- The Coastal Discovery Museum & has exhibits and special programs for all ages.
- Take in a live production at one the local theaters, or visit one of the many art galleries in the area.
- Visit The Sandbox: An Interactive Children’s Museum. Most suitable for children age 8 and under.
- Go bowling at Station 300.
- Take on the family in virtual reality at Atomic VR Arcade.
- Tour the Island in a Polaris roadster with Adventure Drive of Hilton Head.
They may enjoy many of the same activities that are available to younger children. In addition, they may consider the following:
- Take a guided kayak tour with one of the local kayak companies.
- Participate in programs for teens offered by Outside Hilton Head or The Sea Pines Resort recreation department.
- Play miniature golf at one of three locations on the Island.
- Participate in special programs at the Arts Center of Coastal Carolina, the Hilton Head Art League’s Art Academy, or Main Street Youth Theatre.
- Go horseback riding at Lawton Stables.
- Go bowling at Station 300.
- Go shopping.
- Go to the movies.
- Travel to new heights with ZipLine Hilton Head & Aerial Adventure Hilton Head.
- Book an aerial island tour with Hilton Head Helicopter Tours.
- Fight zombies in virtual reality at Atomic VR Arcade.
- Cruise the Island in style in a Polaris Slingshot roadster rental from Adventure Drive of Hilton Head.
There are many activities available for younger children:
- Take a dolphin or nature cruise with one of the many boat tour companies.
- Visit the Coastal Discovery Museum and participate in their programs.
- Visit The Sandbox, an Interactive Children’s Museum, especially good for younger children.
- Play miniature golf at one of three locations on the Island.
- Take your inline skates to the Bristol Skate Park.
- Visit one of the local nature preserves.
- Go to one of the many parks and play on the playgrounds or play Frisbee or catch.
- Ride a bicycle. The Island has over 60 miles of paved bike and walking paths.
- Take lessons at a golf course or a racquet club. Or take art lessons at the Art League’s Academy. (Age minimums may apply to these programs.)
- Check with the local resorts and hotels for special programs for children: Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort; Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island;The Sea Pines Resort; The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- Watch the fireworks on Tuesday night at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina during June, July & August.
- Take on the family in virtual reality at Atomic VR Arcade.
- Take the family to new heights on a helicopter tour with Hilton Head Helicopter Tours.
Visitors’ favorite sights include Harbour Town and the Lighthouse (the heart of The Sea Pines Resort), the Coligny Circle area (the beach, shopping and dining all at one location), Shelter Cove Harbour (with fireworks every Tuesday night, June through August) and Old Town Bluffton (historic structures, art galleries and eclectic shopping).
All of the beach is public, from the ocean to the high water mark. Access to the beach, however, is often private. The Town of Hilton Head Island provides beach accesses at the following locations: Alder Lane Beach Access, off South Forest Beach Drive; Coligny Beach Park, off Coligny Circle; Fish Haul Creek Park, at the end of Beach City Road; Driessen Beach Park, at the end of Bradley Beach Road; Burkes Beach Access, at the end of Burkes Beach Road; Folly Field Beach Park, off Folly Field Road; and Islanders Beach Park, off Folly Field Road. Restrooms, changing areas, sand showers and vending are available at the beach parks. View a map of public beach locations (beaches marked with umbrella symbol).
The Hilton Head Island – Bluffton area has several public access landings:
- Alljoy Landing, County Rd. 13, Bluffton, SC
- Bluffton Oyster Factory, 63 Wharf St., Bluffton, SC
- Bluffton Public Dock, 113 Calhoun St., Bluffton, SC
- Buckingham Landing, 55 Fording Island Rd., Bluffton, SC
- CC Haigh Jr Landing, 1640 Fording Island Rd., Bluffton, SC
- HE Trask Landing, 325 Sawmill Creek Rd., Bluffton, SC
- Pinckney Island Landing, off U.S. Hwy. 278, Pinckney Island, SC
- Broad Creek Landing, 98 Marshland Rd., Hilton Head, SC
- Old House Creek Landing, 55 Sam Frasier Retreat, Hilton Head, SC
- Outdoor Resort Marina, Jenkins Rd., Hilton Head Island, SC
- Daufuskie Island Dock, 13 Haig Point Rd., Daufuskie Island, SC
There are 23 metered spaces at Alder Lane; 54 metered spaces at Folly Field, and 13 metered spaces at Burkes Beach Road. Coligny Beach parking is located across the street in a free public lot. Parking fee for metered spaces is $.25 for each 15minutes.
Additionally, there are 345 spaces at Coligny Beach Park and 207 spaces at Driessen Beach Park for long term parking. The fee is $.25 for each 30 minutes during the week at Driessen Beach Park. Parking is free at Coligny Beach Park.
Parking spaces at Islanders Beach Park are always reserved for annual beach passes. Parking is free at Fish Haul Creek Park. Handicap parking is available at no fee at all beach parks.
There are several nature preserves on and near Hilton Head Island and Bluffton. Click here for more:
- Audubon Newhall Preserve, Palmetto Bay Road, Hilton Head Island, SC
- Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge, US Hwy 278, Hilton Head Island, SC
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve, The Sea Pines Resort, Hilton Head Island, SC
- Victoria Bluff Heritage Preserve, Sawmill Creek Road, Bluffton, SC
- Shore Beach Service – 116 Arrow Road, Hilton Head Island, at (843) 785-3494 – www.shorebeach.com, or just ask the lifeguard at the beach.
- LowSea Bike, Beach & Baby Rental – 106 C. Arrow Rd., Hilton Head Island, Hilton Head Island – (843) 384-9322 – www.HiltonHeadBikeRental.com
- Vacation Comfort Rentals – 3C Enterprise Lane, Hilton Head Island – (843) 342-6673 or www.comfyrentals.com
Location One: Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina, 1 Harbourside Lane, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
Location Two: Omni Resort and Spa (South Parking Lot), 23 Ocean Lane, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
Location Three: Omni Resort and Spa (North Parking Lot) 23 Ocean Lane, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
The reason for the fee is that the roads in Sea Pines are all privately owned and operated. This fee is used by Community Service Associates (CSA) in Sea Pines, which is the operational arm of the residential and resort community, to pay for road maintenance and security. When you enter Sea Pines, you are inside a PUD (Planned Unit Development) that is owned by the residents and are no longer on roads that are owned or maintained by the town, county or state. Sea Pines does grant limited access to the public through the gate fee they charge to general visitors. Registered vacation guests of the resort and guests of owners can receive a complimentary pass for access during their stay.